Fixed Fees for Dangerous Dog Cases
The stress of going through a 'dangerous dog prosecution' can be increased by the financial uncertainty of hiring a lawyer to assist you.
For your peace of mind, we offer the following 'fixed fees' for dangerous dog cases:
1. Conference to Advise
- Providing expert legal advice at City Office or by telephone: $200.00 + GST.
2. Letter of Introduction to Council
- Drafting and sending letter of introduction to Council and follow-up: $200 + GST
3. Written Objection Against Proposed Dangerous Dog Declaration
- Drafting and submitting written objection to the relevant Council, including
- assisting to obtain a temperament assessment where appropriate,
- obtaining any references and other supporting materials, and
- drafting proposed 'undertakings' (ie 'promises', so that Council does not declare dog to be 'dangerous')
$500 + GST
4. Appealing Against Dangerous Dog Declaration
- All work up to one full court date, including:-
- drafting/filing appeal,
- drafting/serving control orders,
- all correspondences, communications & negotiations, and
- appearing in court on your behalf:
$2,000 + GST + Local Court filing fee (currently $87)
5. 'Guilty Plea' for 'Dog Bite / Attack' Case
- Where client pleads 'guilty' and matter finishes on first court date: $1,500.00 + GST.
- If a second court date is required (eg to negotiate reduced offences): further $750.00 + GST.
Benefit from the Expertise. Trust in our Experience.
SUITE 507, 267 CASTLEREAGH STREET
SYDNEY NSW 2000
(OPPOSITE DOWNING CENTRE COURTS)
Ph: (02) 9261 8881 Fax: (02) 9264 0880